Love Stories of Oakland
February 14 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$24.00
Love never dies at Oakland Cemetery! Surprise your Valentine with a unique outdoor date at Oakland Cemetery. Enjoy more than 20 tour stops through Oakland’s Victorian garden cemetery as we recount the loves of Atlantans of days past. Discover the symbolism of love found on monuments throughout the grounds and stories of devotion that extend into the afterlife.
The 75-minute long tour will start at Oakland’s Bell Tower. Be advised that the Museum Store and restrooms are closed to visitors.
Finish out your Valentine’s Day with dinner (dine-in or take out) at one of our favorite Memorial Drive haunts. We recommend Agave, Carroll Street Cafe, and Petit Chou for intimate dinners (reservations recommended). Check out Six Feet Under, Firepit, Republic Social House, Mezcalitos, or Tin Lizzy’s for a more lively atmosphere. See a map of restaurants here.
Historic Oakland Foundation is taking several precautions to make sure this is a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Tour capacity is limited.
- All visitors must wear masks during the tour.
- Stay home if you have been exposed to COVID or are feeling sick.
- The Visitors Center (including restrooms and the Museum Store) is closed to visitors.
Tickets are now sold out. Thanks for your interest!
Historic Oakland Foundation members qualify for discounted tickets. Membership status will be checked before the event.
- Individual-level member: Can purchase up to one discounted ticket
- Dual-level members: Can purchase up to two discounted tickets
- Family-level member: Can purchase up to four discounted tickets
This is a rain-or-shine event. Please note that not all areas of Historic Oakland Cemetery are wheelchair accessible. Please use your discretion when planning your tour visit and contact us if you have any questions about accessibility.
Note: Parking inside the cemetery is limited, so please consider parking in the lot outside of Oakland’s front gate or on surrounding side streets.