- This event has passed.
Love Stories of Oakland
September 10 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Love never dies at Oakland Cemetery! Grab your summer love for a unique outdoor date at Oakland Cemetery. Enjoy a walk through Oakland’s Victorian garden cemetery as we recount the loves of Atlantans of days past. Discover the symbolism of love found on monuments throughout the grounds and stories of devotion that extend into the afterlife.
The 75-minute tour will start at Oakland Cemetery’s main entrance and end at the Bell Tower.
Historic Oakland Foundation members qualify for discounted tickets. Membership status will be checked before the event.
- Individual-level member: Can purchase up to one discounted ticket
- Dual-level members: Can purchase up to two discounted tickets
- Family-level member: Can purchase up to four discounted tickets
This is a rain or shine event. Please note that not all areas of historic Oakland Cemetery are wheelchair accessible. Please use your discretion when planning your tour visit and contact us if you have any questions about accessibility.
Note: Parking inside the cemetery is limited, so please consider parking in the lot outside of Oakland’s front gate or on surrounding side streets.
Finish out your date night with dinner (dine-in or take-out) at one of our favorite Memorial Drive haunts. We recommend Agave, Carroll Street Cafe, and Petit Chou for intimate dinners (reservations recommended). Check out Six Feet Under, Firepit, Republic Social House, Mezcalitos, or Tin Lizzy’s for a more lively atmosphere. See a map of restaurants here.
Historic Oakland Foundation is taking several precautions to make sure this is a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Tour capacity is limited.
- Vaccinated guests may remove their masks during tours, but masks are required to enter the Visitors Center and Museum Store.
- Stay home if you have been exposed to COVID or are feeling sick.