Celebrate a special person
in your life by giving the gift of Oakland
Gift memberships are perfect for special occasions like holidays and birthdays, or just to say thank you! They’re a thoughtful gift for a friend or family member who lives nearby, loves a walk in the park, is interested in Atlanta history, or likes to experience new things and explore old places. There’s something here for everyone!
A Full Year of Benefits
All Membership Levels Receive
- Free admission to our ``Sights, Symbols, and Stories of Oakland`` tour and special topics tours for individuals listed on the membership plus two guest tour passes
- Advance ticket sales to special events, including Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tours and Illumine
- Discounted tickets for up to four people to select events like Sunday in the Park ft. Tune from the Tombs, Love Stories of Oakland, and Malts and Vaults of Oakland: Where Beer Meets History
- Invitations to exclusive members-only events
- Early access to our Spring and Fall Plant Sales
- 10% off purchases at Visitor Center & Museum Store
- $5 Discount on Scavenger Hunts
- 10% off one dinner entrée at Six Feet Under Pub and Fish House (must show membership card to redeem discount)
Members at the Following Levels are Automatically Welcomed into the Bell Tower Society
The Bell Tower Society is an elite group of our closest friends and supporters who regularly invest in our mission to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Oakland Cemetery with the public as an important cultural resource and as an island of tranquility in the heart of the city.
As a part of the Bell Tower Society, the recipient will receive a mention in Historic Oakland Foundation’s annual report, a private tour led by HOF staff for up to 10 people, and invitations to exclusive donor events such as the annual Bell Tower Society fete. HOF members who join at the levels below receive those benefits available to all levels AND special benefits outlined below.
FAQs about Gift Memberships
When does a gift membership begin and end?
The start date of the gift membership is the date of purchase and will lapse on that date the following year. For example, a membership purchased on January 1, 2022 will expire on January 1, 2023.
How will the recipient find out about the gift membership?
We will mail them membership cards which include a letter telling them who the gift giver is and outlines the benefits of their membership.
How long will it take for the membership card to arrive in the mail?
Membership cards are typically mailed within 2-3 weeks of purchase but may take longer to arrive.
Questions about Gift Memberships?
Contact Lynnette Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org.