Run Like Hell 5K
April 8 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join Historic Oakland Foundation for the 16th annual Run Like Hell 5K – now in Spring! This unique evening 5K will take place at Oakland Cemetery on April 8th at 5:00 p.m.
This year Run Like Hell returns to its roots by moving to the spring to showcase the beauty of Oakland Cemetery’s gardens! The largest cemetery run in the country, Run Like Hell is one of Atlanta’s favorite neighborhood 5K fundraisers, with all proceeds going to the restoration and preservation of historic Oakland Cemetery.
The race winds through the roadways of the historic cemetery. The keyhole course is entirely paved and gently rolling with soft turns.
ADDITIONAL RACE INFORMATION
- All runners will receive a commemorative Run Like Hell 5K t-shirt and will have the chance to win awards and prizes.
- Runners, joggers, and walkers of all levels are welcome. Leashed dogs and strollers are always welcome in the cemetery.
- Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before race time to stretch and get ready to run.
Historic Oakland Foundation members receive $5 off their Run Like Hell entries. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code to be used during online registration.
Packets include your official Run Like Hell 5K shirt, instructions to participate, and special offers from our community partners.
- Thursday, April 6, Noon – 6 p.m. at Oakland Cemetery Visitor Center
- Friday, April 7, Noon – 6 p.m. at Big Peach Decatur
- Race day packet pick-up begins at 3:30 p.m. Please note that we will not be accepting race day registrations for the 2023 5K.
Join the Run Like Hell costume contest! Prizes will be awarded at our awards ceremony to the most creative costumes in the following categories: Best Adult Individual, Best Youth Individual, Best Group, Best Dog.
Limited street parking is available around Oakland Cemetery. We encourage participants to use rideshare or MARTA when visiting the site (King Memorial MARTA Station is a short walk from Oakland Cemetery).
Awards will be given to runners in the following divisions: the overall male, female, and non-binary; the overall Masters male, female, and non-binary; and the top three male, female, and non-binary age group winners in 14 age groups from 10 & under to 70 & over. The awards ceremony will take place following the race on April 8.