Holiday Spirit at Oakland Cemetery
December 2 @ 10:00 am - December 3 @ 4:00 pm
Indulge in the seasonal spirit at Oakland Cemetery! Join us on December 2 and 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for Holiday Spirit, a unique seasonal open house that features holiday activities for the whole family! No tickets are required for this FREE event.
- Photos with Santa
- Decorated Mausoleums – Several mausoleums around the cemetery will be decorated for the season by local garden clubs and designers.
- Live Holiday Music –Live Holiday music performed by local musicians.
- Wreath Sale – Enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the holiday season. Shop for wreaths and assorted greenery. Customize your wreath with greenery from Oakland for that one-of-a-kind seasonal showstopper! You can also pick up your preordered wreath and decorate it with greenery sourced from Oakland. No cash. Card only.
- Holiday Gift Market – Browse handcrafted wares from local artisans. Vendors include 100% Cool Elfi Designs, Clay Fisher Photo Images, Hireth Jewelry, Nina Marie, Odd Little Birdie, Organic CBD Solutions, Phat Paws, Retroluxe & Moon Goddess Glass, JLVannatta Arts, Toni D. Studio, and others.
- Holiday Pop-Up Shop – Stop by Oakland’s Pop-Up Shop for all your holiday shopping and find gifts unique to Oakland Cemetery, seasonal novelties, books, and much more. No cash. Card only.
- Holiday Photo Opportunities – Bring your two- or four-legged kids for a photo with Santa. Free. Donation to Oakland encouraged.
- Family Craft Area – Featuring crafts, games, snacks, and extra holiday cheer!
- Snacks and Hot Drinks for Purchase
Tour of Eternal Homes at Holiday Spirit
Embrace the spirit of the season and explore select mausoleums on the Holiday Tour of Eternal Homes on Saturday, December 2 during Holiday Spirit! Led by a Victorian guide, this walking tour takes you on a “behind-the-stones” look at several of the cemetery’s mausoleums. Learn about these iconic stone structures while listening to the stories of the Oakland residents buried within. Each featured mausoleum is decorated for the holidays by local garden clubs and Oakland friends.
Select your tour time when you purchase your ticket. The first tour is at 10 a.m. and the last tour will start at 3 p.m. Tours are every 15 minutes and are approximately 75 minutes in length.
The Holiday Tour of Eternal Homes is available with advance ticketing only. Space is limited. Tours leave from the Out in the Rain fountain (next to Oakland’s Bell Tower). Please note that as a historic site, some areas of Oakland Cemetery have uneven paths and are not ADA-accessible.
The 3:00 tour features a special accessible route through Oakland Cemetery. Perfect for visitors with mobility needs, the 3:00 tour route will take flat and smooth pathways that are accessible for wheelchairs and strollers. We will also have five open golf cart seats available on a first-come, first-served basis for those with mobility issues. Please email Jessica VanLanduyt at email@example.com to reserve your seat.
The tour is available through advance ticketing only and spaces are limited.
- Adults: $18
- Child (6-17) and Seniors (65+): $14
- Historic Oakland Foundation members: $10 (Membership verified at check-in)
This is a light rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather, tours will be rescheduled.
Please note that not all areas of Historic Oakland Cemetery are wheelchair accessible. Please use your discretion when planning your tour visit and contact us if you have any questions about accessibility.
Photos with Santa
Family Crafts supported by