HOF Private Events Coordinator Ruti Turner shares her festive recipe for Oakland Cemetery Salt-seasoned pistachios and goat cheese-stuffed dates:
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 3 tbsp shelled unsalted/lightly salted pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp Oakland Cemetery Honey and Rosemary Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 plump, soft dried dates (preferably Medjool), pitted and halved lengthwise
Step 1 – Toast pistachios
- Chop 3 tbsp pistachios
- Add 2 tbsp pistachios to a sauté pan over medium heat and season with 1 tsp Oakland Salt.
- Toast nuts, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted
- Allow to cool
Step 2 – Prepare Filling
Stir together goat cheese, 2 tablespoons of toasted pistachios (reserve 1 tbsp for garnish) combine till smooth, season with black pepper to taste
Step 3 – Assemble
Arrange the sliced dates on a platter. Use a butter knife, spoon, or utensil of choice to fill each date with a generous amount of the goat cheese filling. Garnish dates with remaining pistachios.
Step 4 – Enjoy!