Flowering Peach Cocktail (“The Clover” Recipe)
It’s our take on the Augusta National’s Azalea! We’ve paired fresh peach lemonade with The Clover bourbon for a refreshing beverage to enjoy on the greens or the couch!
This cocktail is named for the Flowering Peach (Prunus persica), which is one of the 18 plants of the Augusta National Cocktail that can be found at Oakland Cemetery. Find out how you can celebrate the Masters Season through the spring greenery of Oakland in this post. You can also click here to reserve your bottle of special edition bourbon from The Clover from My Friend’s Bottle Shop. Proceeds support Historic Oakland Foundation’s mission to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Oakland Cemetery.
Flowering Peach Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz The Clover bourbon
- Fresh Peach Lemonade (recipe follows)
- Sliced lemon wedge (for garnish)
Fill a highball glass with ice, pour 1.5 oz The Clover bourbon over ice, pour lemonade over top, and stir well. Garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy!
Fresh Peach Lemonade Recipe
- 32 oz Water (4 cups)
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 6 oz granulated sugar (¾ cup)
- 8 oz fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- Combine water, peaches, sugar, and lemon juice in a large pot, bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes (peaches will be tender and fragrant)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Strain mixture into a pitcher, separating peach skins and chunks
- Garnish with lemon slice and serve chilled over ice