- This event has passed.
Veggie and Herb Sale
April 8, 2020 @ 8:00 am - April 12, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
This event had ended. Thanks for the overwhelming response!
In response to COVID-19, we are “making Bloody Marys out of tomatoes” with an honor-system veggie and herb sale!
Our popular Spring Plant Sale has been a great way for gardeners to get good deals on unique plants while enjoying Oakland’s gardens at one of the most beautiful times of the year. Unfortunately, we had to cancel this year’s the Spring Plant Sale as it was originally planned due to COVID-19.
Instead, we’re offering a selection of edible plants for purchase using a no-contact honor system. Starting April 10, we will have plants available for sale adjacent to the Beaumont Allen Greenhouse.
We will leave it up to customers to select and pay for their items using one of three methods that won’t require any face-to-face interaction. Staff won’t be around, and we are depending on you to exercise CDC-recommended safety measures for social distancing while shopping as you would anywhere else in Oakland.
Pricing and payment
- All 4” pots will be $5 each
- Larger pots are priced as marked.
When you make your payment, please consider adding a little extra to help Oakland out during a season where we’re experiencing revenue losses due to Coronavirus. And above all, please stay safe and healthy!
We can’t accept cash for this sale, but there are three ways you can make a payment:
- Pay by text: Text the word “Plant” to 404-689-1290 or scan the QR code on the signs near the veggies with your phone’s camera and you’ll be sent a link that will take you to SMSgiving.org for payment.
- Paypal: Go to Paypal.me/oaklandcemetery and enter your total. Click “Next,” login to your Paypal account, and go!
- Send us a check: Mail to Historic Oakland Foundation, 248 Oakland Ave. SE, Atlanta, GA 30312. Write “Plant sale” on the memo line.
Plants will be available until they run out and may be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis.
Need a map of Oakland so you can find the greenhouse? Download one here. The greenhouse is number 11.
Veggie and Herb Sale Inventory
Varieties available include:
Purple Bumble Bee
Pizza My Heart
Mrs. Burns Lemon Basil
Sweet Thai Basil
Citronella Scented Geranium
Fern Leaf Lavender
Tuscan Blue Rosemary
Golden Pineapple Sage
Euphobia Diamond Frost