- This event has passed.
Tunes from the Tombs
June 8 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
NOTICE: We’ve decided to shut down Tunes from the Tombs due to inclement weather. We have emailed ticketholders with refund information.
Come and enjoy a day of incredible music in Atlanta’s most unique music venue!
What is Tunes from the Tombs? Now in its ninth year, Tunes from the Tombs is a day of incredible music and performances at one of the city’s most unique music venues: historic Oakland Cemetery.
In addition to three stages of great talent, you can also enjoy Atlanta craft beer and local food trucks, visit some of Oakland’s famous residents on free mini-tours, and find one-of-a-kind souvenirs at the artist market. Tickets are on sale now.
When? Tunes from the Tombs happens Saturday, June 8 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Gates open at noon and performances begin at 12:30 p.m. Get more details: Tunes from the Tombs F.A.Q.s (pdf).
Who’s playing this year? Tunes from the Tombs features an all-local lineup, with over a dozen bands performing on three stages and busking throughout the cemetery.
Platform Main Stage
- 2:15 – 3:00: She Returns From War
- 3:30 – 4:30: The Artisanals
- 5:00 – 6:00: Ruby Velle & The Soulphonics
- 6:30 – 8:00: Futurebirds
Larkin Underground Stage
- 12:30 – 1:30: Distilled Butter Band
- 2:00 – 3:00: Mike Killeen
- 3:30 – 4:30: Kylie Odetta
- 5:00 – 6:00: The Haraway Brothers
New Realm Beer Garden & Acoustic Stage
- 1:00 – 2:00: Kylie Odetta
- 2:15 – 3:15: Caryn Lee Carter
- 3:30 – 4:30: She Returns From War
- 4:45 – 5:45: Mike Killeen
Bell Tower Buskers’ Stage
- 1:00 – 2:00: Octave
- 2:00 – 3:00: The Hills and The Holler
- 3:00 – 4:00: Serson Brannen
- 4:00 – 5:00: Nate Helfrich
What else is going on?
- Enjoy free mini-tours of Oakland offered throughout the event
- Local food trucks and Atlanta craft beers will be sold throughout the event
- HOF pop-up shop and Visitor Center will be selling Tunes from the Tombs merchandise including our limited edition 2019 Event T-shirt
- Visit local artists and community organizations in our artists market
- King of Pops Field Day
- Bobby Seymore Living Statue
Artist Market Vendors
- Twin Ravens Studios
- Sweetie Pie’s Knitting and Crocheting
- Skull Sisters Design
- Matt Albert
- Dirty Threads ATL
- The Asylum Countess
- Organic CBD Solutions
- Little Hilton’s Snow Cones
- Haw Metalsmith
- Under The Slab
- Carmanda Arts Things
- Shadow Mongrel Arts
- Midge Man Records
- Wilde Autumn Apothecary
HOF members will receive a $5 discount on advance adult tickets. Members: We’ll email you the morning of March 18 with a discount code. Not a member? Join now.
Because Oakland Cemetery is a venue with limited capacity, advance ticketing is strongly recommended.
- Adults: $20 in advance (non-member) / $25 at the gate*
- Seniors: $15 in advance / $20 at the gate*
- Kids 4-17: $10 in advance / $15 at the gate*
- Children three and under: Free
- Rock in Peace VIP packages: $75.* Advance ticketing only.
*Plus tax and fees.
RIP ticket holders receive:
- Private VIP area next to the Mainstage including restroom
- Three drink vouchers for beer, wine, or soft drinks
- Tunes from the Tombs 2019 T-shirt and HOF koozie
- Free parking
- VIP shuttle throughout the Cemetery. Shuttle pickup is at the Bell Tower, MailChimp stage at Potter’s Field, the Beer Garden Stage at Lion Square, and the Under Ground Stage at North Public Grounds
DINNER DEALS AT LOCAL RESTAURANTS
Ticket holders will receive a discount at nearby restaurants on June 8:
- Firepit Pizza Tavern: 20% off food (in-store only)
- Mill Town Arms Tavern: $5 off your check
- Ramen Station: 15% off food
Tunes from the Tombs is presented by the Historic Oakland Foundation. All proceeds from Tunes from the Tombs benefit HOF’s mission to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Historic Oakland Cemetery.
We are grateful to our 2019 Tunes from the Tombs sponsors: