Tunes from the Tombs
June 8 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come and enjoy a day of incredible music in Atlanta’s most unique music venue!
What is Tunes from the Tombs? Now in its ninth year, Tunes from the Tombs is a day of incredible music and performances at one of the city’s most unique music venues: historic Oakland Cemetery.
In addition to three stages of great talent, you can also enjoy Atlanta craft beer and local food trucks, visit some of Oakland’s famous residents on free mini-tours, and find one-of-a-kind souvenirs at the artist market.
When? Tunes from the Tombs happens Saturday, June 8 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Gates open at noon and performances begin at 12:30 p.m.
Who’s playing this year? Tunes from the Tombs features an all-local lineup, with over a dozen bands performing on three stages and busking throughout the cemetery.
Headlining act: Futurebirds
- Ruby Velle & The Soulphonics
- The Artisanals
- The Haraway Brothers
- She Returns From War
- Kylie Odetta
- Mike Killeen
- Caryn Lee Carter
- Distilled Butter Band
What else is going on?
- Enjoy free mini-tours of Oakland offered throughout the event
- Local food trucks and Atlanta craft beers will be sold throughout the event
- HOF pop-up shop and Visitor Center will be selling Tunes from the Tombs merchandise including our limited edition 2019 Event T-shirt
- Visit local artists and community organizations in our artists market
- King of Pops Field Day
- Bobby Seymore Living Statue
Dinner Deals at Local Restaurants
Ticket holders will receive a discount at nearby restaurants on June 8:
- Firepit Pizza Tavern: 20% off food (in-store only)
- Mill Town Arms Tavern: $5 off your check
- Ramen Station: 15% off food
HOF members will receive a $5 discount on advance adult tickets. Members: We’ll email you the morning of March 18 with a discount code. Not a member? Join now.
Because Oakland Cemetery is a venue with limited capacity, advance ticketing is strongly recommended.
- Adults: $20 in advance (non-member) / $25 at the gate*
- Seniors: $15 in advance / $20 at the gate*
- Kids 4-17: $10 in advance / $15 at the gate*
- Children three and under: Free
- Rock in Peace VIP packages: $75.* Advance ticketing only.
*Plus tax and fees.
RIP ticket holders receive:
- Private VIP area next to the Mainstage including restroom
- Three drink vouchers for beer, wine, or soft drinks
- Tunes from the Tombs 2019 T-shirt and HOF koozie
- Free parking
- VIP shuttle throughout the Cemetery. Shuttle pickup is at the Bell Tower, MailChimp stage at Potter’s Field, the Beer Garden Stage at Lion Square, and the Under Ground Stage at North Public Grounds
Tunes from the Tombs is presented by the Historic Oakland Foundation. All proceeds from Tunes from the Tombs benefit HOF’s mission to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Historic Oakland Cemetery.
We are grateful to our 2019 Tunes from the Tombs sponsors:
Artist Market Vendors
Interested in participating as a vendor in our Tunes from the Tombs artist market? Complete your application by May 25. Space is limited.
If you have difficulty using the form, please download this form (.pdf) and email it to Tim Wright at email@example.com along with a couple of photos of your items.