- This event has passed.
Contest: Design our Next Oakland Cemetery T-Shirt
July 29, 2019 - August 26, 2019
Congrats to Heather Ozee, who won our 2019 t-shirt design contest!
Historic Oakland Foundation is holding a contest to design our next Oakland Cemetery t-shirt. Shirts with the winning design will be available for sale at our Sunday in the Park event on September 29 and distributed to event volunteers, and the creator of the winning design will receive $250!
Tshirt designs should celebrate historic Oakland Cemetery and its value to the city of Atlanta as a historical site, greenspace, and cultural center.
The individual who submits the winning t-shirt design will receive:
- A one-year membership to Historic Oakland Foundation
- Five tees featuring the winning design
- A $250 cash prize
- Mentions on social media and our website
- When designing, keep in mind that the winning artwork will be printed on the front or back of a dark-colored t-shirt. Think navy, black, charcoal, or dark green.
- Submit your design by August 26 at 11:59 p.m.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selection of the winning design will be made by an internal committee.
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday, August 28. We will contact the winner via email and announce her/his name on our social media channels.
- This contest is open to residents of the U.S. ages 14 and up.
- HOF employees and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Submitted t-shirt designs should fit within an 8”x8” or 8” x 10” frame
- Designs should be submitted in .pdf, .eps, or .jpg (300 dpi or more) format
- All artwork must be original and may not contain content that is inappropriate for general audiences. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- All submissions become the property of Historic Oakland Foundation. By entering this contest and submitting an entry, entrant grants to Historic Oakland Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly display, and otherwise use the Entry for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to placing the entry on t-shirts for resale to the general public.