The Harvest Hunt
November 23 @ 8:00 am - December 1 @ 5:00 pm
Gather a group of family and friends for a day of cemetery sleuthing on this self-guided scavenger hunt throughout historic Oakland Cemetery!
Purchase your Harvest Hunt packet (one per team) from Saturday, November 23 through Sunday, December 1 at the Visitors Center & Museum Shop (open weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and weekends 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) and follow all-new cryptic clues to solve riddles. No reservations are required to participate. Please Note: Oakland’s Visitor Center & Museum Shop will be closed Thanksgiving Day (November 28).
Choose your Packet
Choose from three different packets, organized by degree of cemetery riddle difficulty:
- Easy: Kid-friendly riddles and perfect for families (expected hunt time: 1 hour)
- Medium: Challenging, but not impossible, riddles (Expected hunt time: 1.5-2 hours)
- Deadly: Try it if you dare (Expected hunt time: 2-3 hours)
The Harvest Hunt packet ($20) includes one self-guided tour map (a $5 value) that can be used on return visits.
You could win prizes!
To be eligible to win, completed answer sheets must be returned to the Visitors Center by 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 1. Answers can also be emailed to Marcy Breffle at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 1.
Teams that submit their answer sheets with all answers correct will be entered into a drawing for the following select prizes:
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween tickets
- Malts & Vaults of Oakland: Where Beer Meets History ticketsLove Stories of Oakland tickets
- Illumine 2020 tickets
- Historic Oakland Foundation memberships.
The higher the degree of difficulty, the better the prizes! Be sure to complete the contact form in your Harvest Hunt packet to ensure you’ll be contacted if you win!
All proceeds from the Harvest Hunt benefit Historic Oakland Foundation’s mission to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Oakland Cemetery.