Sights, Symbols, and Stories Overview Tour
October 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pmFree
Discover the history, Victorian gardens, and art and architecture that give Oakland its distinctive character. Oakland is an outdoor museum of Atlanta’s history with over 70,000 residents. Meet the trailblazers, builders, creators, and characters who call Oakland home. Join one of our knowledgeable and entertaining guides for a 90-minute walking tour through Atlanta’s past and present.
This tour starts at the main gate (main entrance at Oakland Avenue and MLK Jr. Drive). Please arrive a few minutes early to check in inside the Visitor Center (located just outside the main gate). Parking is limited. MARTA (King Memorial station is three blocks north of the gate) and rideshare are encouraged.
Tour times: September through March
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m & 2 p.m.
- Select Wednesdays: 10:30 a.m.
Tour times: April through August
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m
- Fridays at 10:30 starting April 7, 2023
- Select Wednesdays: 10:30 a.m
Spaces are limited. We recommend purchasing your tickets in advance.
Historic Oakland Foundation Members
Historic Oakland Foundation memberships include free tickets for Sights, Symbols, and Stories tour. Check your membership level before you purchase. Individual members receive one (1) ticket, dual members two (2) tickets, and family memberships four (4) tickets. Membership status will be confirmed before the tour.
- Not all areas of Historic Oakland Cemetery are wheelchair accessible. The main entrance is paved with cobblestones, and both the East Gate and Memorial Drive Gate entrances have either a step or curb.
- Please let us know if you need an accessible route when purchasing your ticket. There is designated parking for vehicles with a disability permit in the parking lot.
- ASL interpreter available if given at least 3 days (72 hours) notice.