Love Stories of Oakland: Midday Tour
February 14 @ 11:30 am - 12:45 pm
One event on February 12, 2022 at 1:00 pm
One event on February 12, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on February 12, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 13, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on February 13, 2022 at 1:00 pm
One event on February 13, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on February 13, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 14, 2022 at 11:00 am
One event on February 14, 2022 at 11:30 am
Love never dies at Oakland Cemetery! Grab your love for a unique outdoor date at Oakland.
Enjoy a walk through Oakland’s Victorian garden cemetery as we recount the loves of Atlantans of days past. Discover the symbolism of love found on monuments throughout the grounds and stories of devotion that extend into the afterlife. Each ticket includes a complimentary sweet treat when you check in.
Tours are offered on the following dates
- Saturday, Feb. 12 and Sunday, Feb. 13 at 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 14 at 11 a.m and 11:30 a.m.
We’re also offering a twilight tour on Valentine’s Day. Learn more.
Historic Oakland Foundation members qualify for discounted tickets. Membership status will be checked before the event.
- Individual-level member: Can purchase up to one discounted ticket
- Dual-level members: Can purchase up to two discounted tickets
- Family-level member: Can purchase up to four discounted tickets
The 75-minute tour will start at Oakland Cemetery’s main entrance (corner of Oakland Avenue and MLK Jr. Drive.)
Historic Oakland Foundation is taking several precautions to make sure this is a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Tour capacity is limited.
- Vaccinated guests may remove their masks during tours, but masks are required to enter the Visitors Center and Museum Store.
- Stay home if you have been exposed to COVID or are feeling sick.
Finish out your date with lunch (dine-in or take-out) at one of our favorite Memorial Drive haunts. See a map of restaurants here.
Nearby restaurant Petit Chou is offering a special lunch discount for Love Stories ticket holders on February 12-14. Reservations are recommended.
- Not all areas of Historic Oakland Cemetery are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you need an accessible route when purchasing your ticket. There is designated parking for vehicles with a disability permit behind the Bell Tower Building/Visitors Center. This is the best option for parking as the main entrance is paved with cobblestones, and both the East Gate and Memorial Drive Gate entrances have either a step or curb.
- ASL interpreter available if given 3 days (72 hours) notice.
This is a rain or shine event. Parking inside the cemetery is limited, so please consider parking in the lot outside of Oakland’s front gate or on surrounding side streets.