Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Ticket Sales
June 15 @ 9:00 am - August 31 @ 11:59 pm
Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween tours are a favorite autumn tradition in Atlanta, selling out every year in July. The event returns for its 15th year bigger and better than ever, offering three weekends of history and delight from October 14 through October 31.
Designed to enlighten rather than frighten, Capturing the Spirit of Oakland tours bring to life the stories of some of the cemetery’s notable and notorious residents and allow visitors to experience Oakland Cemetery after dark. A costumed docent guides you through the cemetery’s beautifully lit Victorian Gardens where you’ll meet some of Oakland’s most notable residents. The evening also includes musical performances, and guests are encouraged to arrive in costume to set the mood.
Tickets sale dates
- General public: July 15
- 2020 ticketholders who deferred their tickets or donated them to HOF: Check your inbox for an email from us with a ticketing link. You get tickets free.
On Monday, October 25, Capturing the Spirit of Oakland VIP Night ticket holders will enjoy a delicious three-course meal including drinks at nearby Firepit Pizza Tavern. Guests will have the cemetery to themselves after dark as they enjoy a private Capturing the Spirit Halloween tour experience.
- Adult: $50
- Children 4-12: $28
- Children under 4: Free
- VIP Night (October 25): $150
What you should know
- Tickets are limited to six per transaction. Children’s tickets are available for those ages 4-12.
- Please ensure you’ve carefully selected your preferred tour date and time before completing your transaction, as no refunds or exchanges will be issued.
- Your ticket time is the time you will be admitted into Oakland Cemetery. Once inside, you’ll have time to get a drink, use the restroom, and enjoy the entertainment before your tour begins. VIP guests will start either at Fire Pit Pizza Tavern or at the gates of Oakland Cemetery. Please note which starting location is designated on your ticket.
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland tours last approximately 75 minutes and depart every 15 minutes. The tour route is approximately one mile. Please anticipate that your experience in the cemetery will last at least two hours.
- Total ticket cost includes sales tax and Eventbrite fees.
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland is a rain or shine event. No refunds will be issued.
- Our limited-edition long-sleeved shirt designs change every year. Capturing the Spirit of Oakland artwork is on the front and featured residents are on the back (see below). Order your shirt early, as we cannot guarantee availability at the event.
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland VIP Night ticket holders will enjoy a three-course meal including drinks at Firepit Pizza Tavern, an exciting nearby restaurant. Guests will have the cemetery to themselves after-dark while enjoying a private Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween tour experience.
Keep your eyes open. Ticket holders will be sent a list of frequently asked questions in the week before the tours. This will include information about parking, the VIP night menu (for VIP ticket holders), dinner deals with local restaurants, and what you need to know about your experience at Oakland Cemetery.
We are monitoring COVID-19 guidelines from the City of Atlanta and the CDC and will abide by current best practices. We will notify ticket holders of these practices before the event.