Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tours
October 20 @ 5:30 pm - October 30 @ 11:59 pm
Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween tours are a favorite autumn tradition in Atlanta, selling out every year in July. The event returns for its 16th year, offering two weekends of history and delight from October 20 through October 30.
Designed to enlighten rather than frighten, Capturing the Spirit of Oakland tours bring to life the stories of some of the cemetery’s notable and notorious residents and allow visitors to experience Oakland Cemetery after dark. A costumed docent guides you through the cemetery’s beautifully lit Victorian Gardens where you’ll meet some of Oakland’s fascinating residents and hear their tales. The evening also includes musical performances, craft beer and cocktails, and an Oakland gift shop. Guests are encouraged to arrive in costume to set the mood.
Tickets Sale Dates
- HOF members: July 1 (Members: check your inbox on July 1 for an email from us with a ticketing link.)
- General public: July 15
On Monday, October 24, Capturing the Spirit of Oakland VIP Night ticket holders will enjoy an exclusive, one-of-a-kind Capturing the Spirit of Oakland VIP Experience including a delicious three-course meal with drinks at nearby Six Feet Under Pub and Fish House. Guests will have the cemetery to themselves after dark as they enjoy a private Capturing the Spirit Halloween tour experience. Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-Free diets can all be accommodated, as well as most food allergies.
- Adult: $42
- Children 4-12: $28
- Children under 4: Free
- VIP Night (October 24): $150
What You Should Know
- Tickets are limited to six per transaction. Children’s tickets are available for those ages 4-12.
- Please ensure you’ve carefully selected your preferred tour date and time before completing your transaction, as no refunds or exchanges will be issued.
- Your ticket time is the time you will be admitted into Oakland Cemetery. Once inside, you’ll have time to get a drink, use the restroom, and enjoy the entertainment before your tour begins.
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland tours last approximately 75 minutes and depart every 15 minutes. The tour route is approximately one mile. Please anticipate that your experience in the cemetery will last at least two hours.
- Total ticket cost includes sales tax and Eventbrite fees.
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland is a rain or shine event. No refunds will be issued.
- Our limited-edition long-sleeved shirt designs change every year. Capturing the Spirit of Oakland artwork is on the front and featured residents are on the back (see below). Order your shirt early, as we cannot guarantee availability at the event.
- Limited street parking will be available for the event, so we encourage visitors to use MARTA or to ride-share. Our address is 248 Oakland Avenue SE 30312.
Keep your eyes open. Ticket holders will be sent a list of frequently asked questions the week before the tours. This will include the VIP night menu (for VIP ticket holders), dinner deals with local restaurants, and what you need to know about your experience at Oakland Cemetery.
This year’s Capturing the Spirit t-shirt and hoodie.