Arts at Oakland
May 21 @ 7:00 am - May 31 @ 7:00 pm
Arts at Oakland 2021, happening May 21 through 31, showcases the work of six amazing regional artists in five installations across Oakland Cemetery via a self-guided map. The artistic installations will highlight the hidden stories that can be found within the gardens and architecture of Oakland Cemetery.
We invite the public to explore the installations from dawn to dusk free of charge or take a ticketed weekend tour.
Maps will be available onsite and online. Check back soon for a downloadable version.
Explore Arts at Oakland 2021 and learn more about the history, gardens, and funerary art of Oakland Cemetery with a 90-minute guided walking tour! The tour will guide you through each work, providing behind-the-scenes information and insight. Along the way, you’ll discover the history, the Victorian gardens, and the art and architecture that give Oakland its distinctive character.
Tour dates and times:
- May 22, 11:00 or 2:00 p.m.
- May 23, 11:00 or 2:00 p.m.
- May 29, 11:00 or 2:00 p.m.
- May 30: 11:00, 12:00 or 2:00 p.m.
- May 31: 11:00, 12:00 or 2:00 p.m.
Tickets are available for purchase at Eventbrite.
- Adults: $12
- Students (5-17) and seniors (65+): $6
- Children under 5: Free (no ticket needed)
- HOF members: Free (ticket needed)
Free Tour Tickets for our Members
Historic Oakland Foundation memberships include free tickets for Arts of Oakland 2021 tours. Check your membership level before you purchase. Individual members receive one ticket, dual members two tickets, and family memberships four tickets. Membership status will be confirmed before the tour.
More Information about Tours
Tours meet outside the Bell Tower building. Please arrive a few minutes early to check in with the volunteer at the membership and information table.
- Spaces are extremely limited, so we recommend purchasing your tickets in advance.
- Masks are required. Tour groups are capped at 10 people to allow for social distancing on tours.
- Not all areas of Historic Oakland Cemetery are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you need an accessible route when purchasing your ticket.
- ASL interpreter available if given 3 days (72 hours) notice.
Bell Tower Boutique
Browse a selection of handcrafted items from local artisans at the Bell Tower porte-cochere on May 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
May 30 is Bike in for the Arts Day at Oakland
Ride your bicycle into the cemetery on Sunday, May 30, for our Bike in for the Arts tabling event! From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. you’ll have the opportunity to meet with local bike organizations and learn more about the bicycle resources in your community. Participating organizations: Pedal for PMan, MplusM, Civil Bikes, Bicycle Ride Across Georgia (BRAG), BRAG Dream Team, The Spindle ATL, MOBB Cycling Club, Bike Law, WeCycle Atlanta, Atlanta Students Advocating for Pedestrians, and Bicycle Tours of Atlanta.
Bicycle Tours of Atlanta is offering a 15% discount to anyone who books a tour in the month of May and uses the code Oakland at checkout! Note: You must book your tour in May, but the tour itself does not need to be in May.
Meet the Artists